Halsted Eye Boutique – A Leading Chicago Eye Doctor and Clinic has your optimal eye health and vision care in mind including a solution to dry eye. Our Chicago eye care clinic utilizes the most innovative diagnostic equipment and vision treatments to ensure you get the best vision care available for your dry eye. Our resident optometrist, Dr. Joanna Slusky provides our patients with top personalized eye care and correction services in Chicago. Rest assured your vision care will be taken care of by the industry top Chicago dry eye optometrists.
Do you tend to rub your eyes regularly because they feel tired, sore or sticky?
Are your eyes sensitive to light or feel like they are burning?
Do you find your eyes are frequently watery or red?
You may have DRY EYE!
Don’t Delay in obtaining your FREE Consultation!
Dry eye is the most common eye condition which can impair your ability to operate a vehicle or machinery, read, use your phone, work on the computer or even from wearing contact lenses. There is no need to suffer with it any longer because our vision center in Chicago can help!
There are over 30 million Americans suffering from Dry Eye Syndrome, an irritating eye condition in which your natural tear production fails to adequately lubricate your eyes. Do not wait any longer because Halsted Eye Boutique in Chicago can help you with your dry eye condition.
Common Information on Dry Eye Treatment
Top Chicago Vision Care for Dry Eye
Tears are necessary for maintaining the health of the front surface of the eye and for providing clear vision. Every time your eye blinks, there is a film of tears which washes down the front of the eyeball, keeping it clear and smooth. They are critical for lubrication, cleansing, and protection. Healthy eyes are continually bathed by tears produced by a combination of three glands located above both eyes. Sometimes a person has a decrease in tear production, or the tears produced are of poor quality.
What is Dry Eye?
An eye condition where there are inadequate tears to lubricate and nurture the eye is known as dry eye. To have a healthy eye and clear vision, tears are essential for sustaining its health. Those individuals who experience dry eyes often do not produce adequate tears or have an inadequate quality of tears. Typically, older adults may experience dry eyes or encounter a chronic dry eye problem. Fortunately, there is a solution for dry eyes, and Halsted Eye Boutique in Chicago can assist.
Types of Dry Eye:
There are two main types of dry eye – Evaporative Dry Eye and Aqueous Deficient Dry Eye.
- Aqueous Deficient Dry Eye occurs when the lacrimal gland (produces the watery portion of the tears) does not produce enough aqueous to keep the eye moist and comfortable.
- Evaporative Dry Eye occurs when there is a poor quality of tears being produced.
Dry Eye Causes:
Dry eyes can derive from an unbalanced or a decrease in tear creation. Tears in humans are created by the lacrimal glands, which are glands located in and around the eyelids. With age, tear production is likely to minimize with several different medical ailments or can be a side effect from several medicines. Additionally, environmental conditions such as dry and windy climates can also have an impact on tear volume by raising tear evaporation. Dry eyes can develop when the regular amount of tear production decreases or tears evaporate too rapidly from the eyes.
Evaporative dry eye can occur when there is a poor quality of tears. Water, oil and mucus are the three layers that make up tears. Each part will serve a function in preserving and adding nourishment to the front surface of the eye. A smooth oil layer assists with protecting against evaporation of the water layer, while the mucin layer functions in distributing the tears equally over the surface of the eye. Dry eye symptoms can develop if the tears evaporate too rapidly or do not distribute evenly over the cornea because of deficiencies with any of the three tear layers.
Of dry eye sufferers, approximately 70% are women, however at Halsted Eye Boutique, our Optometrists understand that chronic Dry Eye Syndrome may arise due to a variety of other reasons:
- Lid Disease and Function
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
- Frequent Styes
- Incomplete Blinking
- Infrequent Blinking
- Incomplete closure of eyes while sleeping
- Lash extensions
- Dying the eyelashes with tint
- Permanent lid tattoo
- Lash growth serums
- Makeup / Cosmetics
- Medical Conditions
- And more!
Dry Eye Symptoms:
You may very well have dry eyes if you have any of these symptoms in your eyes:
- Dry and uncomfortable
- Eye pain or discomfort
- Excessive tearing or watery eyes
- Tired or fatigue
- Excessive tearing
- Blurred vision
- Light sensitivity red eyes
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Feeling of something in the eyes
- Issue with contact lenses or discomfort
Our Chicago eye doctors are skilled in the diagnosis and care of dry eye. Dr. Slusky and Dr. Tobyne can relieve your discomfort, help you manage and even eliminate your dry eye issue.
Schedule your Dry Eye Consultation today! – Call: (773) 549-1111
Dry Eye Be Treatment Options:
- 86% of patients report a considerable improvement in symptoms.
- Treats the blocked glands that result in meibomian gland dysfunction.
- Upper & lower lids are warmed from the inside out.
- Your doctor applies light pressure to the upper lid in which glands are clogged.
- This pressure aids in expressing the oils that are resulting in the clogs.
- No heat is used, so may be a better option for temperature-sensitive patients.
- Treatments are completed in a series of 3 office visits.
- Numbing drop is used prior to treatment for increased comfort.
- Your doctor uses a micro-sponge along the edge of your eyelids and lashes to remove scurf and debris while exfoliating the eyelids.
- Most patients report a tickling sensation.
- The procedure lasts about 6-8 minutes.
- You practice daily hygiene, then the procedure is repeated every 6 months.
- Drug-free and drop-free treatment option.
- Non-surgical Intra-nasal handheld Neurostimulator.
- Uses electrical impulses to stimulate the Trigeminal Nerve.
- Safely & effectively increases the production of natural tears (both mucin AND aqueous layers.)
- The only FDA approved neurostimulator device for the treatment of Dry Eye Disease.
- Nutritional supplements.
- Prescription eye drops.
- Prescription lid hygiene.
- Small plugs in drainage tunnels.
- Heating masks.
Dr. Slusky, Halsted Eye Boutique understands the frustration of dealing with dry eye, and we are here to improve your quality of life by improving your vision health! Our Chicago eye care center offers the most revolutionary equipment and vision care treatment to help achieve our goal to assist with improving your vision, so you can see the world as you should. For questions or concerns, feel free to contact us today!